- Take Quiz 3 (on Social Media, Data Journalism, and Information Visualization) via Wyocourses
- Take before this Sunday, Apr. 26
- “In-Class” Time to Work on Google My Maps Project
Tips for preparing for Quiz 3
- Review the key content in course blog posts of Week 11 Wednesday, Week 12 Monday, Week 12 Friday, and Week 13 Monday.
- Review Anna Rader’s guest lecture.
Get Started with Your Google My Maps Project
Please download and read through the assignment instructions and grading rubric Blog Post 7 – Google My Maps.doc if you haven’t done so yet.
The suggested deadline to submit this assignment is this Sunday Apr. 26 by 11:59 p.m. Ideally, you will finish the research and design of the map *today*, then finish writing the blog post by the weekend.
- Before you start your map, you must brainstorm and research an issue that you would like to write about that somehow includes a map that you created using Google My Maps. Focus on what problem that your map solves for the user. Or, focus on what important information that your map provides the user.
- Consult with me via email about your proposed blog post and map
- Create your map
- Conduct your interview (in any format)
- Write the blog post
- Embed the map in the blog post